An independent Prince Edward Island podcast bringing joy and calm to families around the world.
Sleep Tight Stories is a storytelling podcast to be enjoyed by the whole family. Every week we produce calming bedtime stories that promote wonder, creativity, and fire our listeners’ imagination while helping them drift off to sleep with ease. We are commonly listed in Kids & Family, and Stories for Kids categories on services like Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
We write original stories with suggestions and ideas from our listeners. Our catalogue also includes works from independent authors and edited classics that never grow old. Each story is just the right length and safe for kids of all ages.
Our goal is to help improve the health and happiness of kids around the world – to help them flourish as human beings. We love what we do.
The short form description is as follows:
We create value for our listeners in a number of ways:
- We help take away the struggle that parents often experience at sleep time, by providing educating and calming entertainment that children look forward to.
- Through carefully selected age specific stories we help children learn to read; listening aids in literacy development and second language acquisition.
- We provide a window into Canadian and Western culture; we believe that only through exposure to their literature can you truly understand a people.
- Children love our podcast. It engages them, fires their imagination and brings them joy.
Sleep Tight Stories relies upon the generosity of its audience. We don’t receive government subsidies and it’s important to us to not rely on paid advertising. We gather support from our listeners via Patreon, donations, and our premium offering.
We have a dedicated niche audience who actively seek out stories to listen to. A Western audience interested in setting positive routines, and an Asian audience interested in Western and Canadian culture and realize the best way to understand a culture is through its literature.
While we create these stories for families with young children aged ~5-12, adults and teachers have also commented on the joy that listening to these stories brings. And how it lulls them to sleep.
- 81% identify as female (the parent)
- The majority of our listeners come from, in order: United States (52%), followed by Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, Thailand, Philippines, India, Indonesia and Taiwan
- Our parents age groups: 39% are 35 – 44 years of age, 26.4% are under 18, 18.9% are 25 – 34
- 27% graduated from college, while 27% completed grad school
- 60% of our listeners listen to our podcast everyday
- Most of our listeners are on Spotify and Apple Podcasts
💯 In Numbers
- Over 25,000,000 unique downloads
- Monthly unique downloads: >1,000,000
- 1st month episode download: ~45,000
- ranked one of the top 0.5% most popular shows out of 1,915,315 podcasts globally
- Frequently ranked in top 20 podcasts in Kids & Family
- Frequently ranked in top 5 podcasts in Stories for Kids
- We are currently trending at #1 globally according to Chartable
👂 Where to listen
- Google Podcasts: https://buff.ly/2Hldx1v
- Apple Podcasts: https://buff.ly/2V8u6Xv
- Spotify: https://buff.ly/2r8YLGu
- Web: https://buff.ly/2Mx7mM8
- Overcast: https://overcast.fm/itunes1440863621/sleep-tight-stories-bedtime-stories-for-kids
- RSS: https://sleeptightstories.libsyn.com/rss
Or you can also search for Sleep Tight Stories wherever good podcasts are listed.
📅 Release schedule
We publish a new episode every Tuesday and Thursday at 9AM (UTC -3).
🎭 Sample episodes
🤗 Sample reviews
Every night as we lay down for bed, we listen to three of these back to back. The stories put my 1 year old to sleep, and my 4 year old acts out his favorites as we listen to them before he drift offs. His current favorites are: Jack & The Beanstalk, Goldilocks & The Three Bears, and The Three Giraffes. Thank you so much for such a great podcast ?”
Nina Olivia via Apple Podcasts
Sheryl has one of the kindest souls, and it is shown through her calm, soothing storytelling presence. Thank you for Sleep Tight Stories!
Erica Ro via Facebook
The stories are all read in a soothing voice and is perfect for winding down after a long day of school. My daughters (both age 5) love listening to them and often request for another story. Their current favorite is “The Singing Shell”.
Erica115 via Apple Podcasts
Great stories. Love the narration style. Perfect for relaxing & getting ready to fall asleep. Thanks!
Phillip Primeau via Apple Podcasts
It is so good ?
My kid loves it.she falls asleep really fast ????❤️??❣️?her favorite story is the blacki sires
pdxsuj via Apple Podcasts
Sleep Tight Stories is published by a husband and wife team based in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.
Sheryl is the heart and voice of our podcast, and an elementary educator with over 25 years experience. Sharing stories has always been her passion. She is most at home in contexts that allow her to share her love of reading and working with young children – helping them flourish as human beings.
Clark writes our stories and produces our audio and music. He got his start making
music noise through-out the greater Toronto area, and spent over 20 years in Taiwan and China working in experience design. His work focuses on answering the question, what if screen time was actually good for children?
Both Sheryl and Clark have studied and are advocates for various methods that help children become more mindful, focused and relaxed.
For a mediakit, collaboration ideas, or to simply reach out and say hello, please use the email address below.
Updated Nov 17, 2022