Coronavirus: A Book for Children is written by Elizabeth Jenner, Kate Wilson & Nia Roberts. It is illustrated by Axel Scheffler and consulted by Professor Graham Medley, Professor of Infectious Disease Modelling, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
This story is read with the permission of Nosy Crow Ltd. and can be found online to download at https://nosycrow.com. Please support them anyway you can.
The book answers key questions in simple language appropriate for 5 to 9 year olds:
- What is the coronavirus?
- How do you catch the coronavirus?
- What happens if you catch the virus?
- Why are people worried about catching the virus?
- Is there a cure for the coronavirus?
- Why are some places we normally go to closed?
- What can I do to help?
- What’s going to happen next?