Bernice zooms into the house, super excited to tell Papa Bear all about her Math Test. But wait! What’s that yummy smell? Oh, it’s cookies baking in the oven! Yum! Papa Bear asks Bernice if she can help him to bake some cookies to share and she says of course. After they look for all the ingredients they get started making them. The special cookie recipe they’re using is in the show notes, so you can make these super yummy cookies too!
Red Velvet Delight Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon red food colouring
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
– Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
– In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
– In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy and fluffy.
– Add the egg, vanilla extract, and red food coloring to the butter mixture and beat until well combined.
– Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until just combined.
– Stir in the semi-sweet and white chocolate chips.
– Drop spoonfuls of the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
– Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are set but the centers are still soft.
– Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely